- Strip the chicken carcass, cutting the meat into large pieces. If using uncooked boneless chicken, you would need to
pre-cookit at this stage.
- Sauté the onion, bacon and mushrooms in the butter and oil. When soft, add flour.
- Add the stock and stir continuously, then pour in the milk so the sauce is rich and creamy (add more liquid if the sauce is a little thick).
- Transfer the
pre-cookedchicken into the pan, and stir carefully until it’s completely coated.
- Take 6 Aunt Bessie’s Yorkshire puddings and roll flat with a rolling pin. Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan. Take 6 other Yorkshire puddings from the freezer and load with the filling. Take the flattened Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire puddings and place on top, like a lid.
- Egg wash the entire ‘pie’ and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, egg wash again then cook for another 10-15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!